Monday, October 21, 2013

Starting Over

Well, I delayed writing for a few reasons.

The first is that we still don't have internet in our flat. I've spent the hours of 10-3 at Starbucks just about every weekday to get things done that we needed to: Set up internet/phone access, set up electricity and gas in my name, move more money from savings to checking, search for things we need for the flat once we have an income.

We are missing some odd things from this flat. I was told when we were preparing to move (by the lovely Krisi Hillebert!) that "furnished" meant different things to different people and it's really the luck of the draw what you get. I didn't really expect this though. Since nobody has lived in this flat before us, the furnishings are bare minimum. We have two arm chairs in a giant living room. No trash bins, no cookie sheet, no hangers, no DRESSER! CLOTHES ARE EVERYWHERE!! Also, there are no drawers or cabinets in our bathrooms. TOILETRIES ARE EVERYWHERE!

We thought it was pretty ironic that, in our little seminary apartment, we had loads of stuff crammed into it, into every drawer and cabinet and closet, and now, we're in a much bigger place with probably a quarter of the things we had in Crutcher. Just feels empty.

Another reason I delayed in writing was because I was really hoping to start a new blog with a new job. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job that I interviewed for. We are both pretty bummed about it, and we don't really know what to think. We approached everything with the right heart and the right attitude. We praised God for his provision above and beyond our expectations, so it made sense that he would provide us a job above what we were willing to settle for. We were reading James and talking about faith and asking God for what we need. We earnestly asked God for this job, but it didn't come. We spent the weekend asking ourselves so many questions:

Did we not ask enough? (James 4:2)
Did we ask with the wrong attitude? (James 4:3)
Did God not want me to have this job?
Why would God give me this interview for no reason?
Should I have gotten a coffee shop job months ago and quit wasting time?
Am I going to find another job?

We don't really have any answers. We are back to the drawing board. All 18 of the other jobs I applied for have fallen through.

Kind of depressing, I know. I don't want to use my blog to be sad. Just wanted to be informative. I had a lot of other things to write, but none of them really seem pressing or important. Just continue to pray that we find a job that will provide for our needs.

Carm

No comments:

Post a Comment