Sunday, August 11, 2013

O'er the laaaaand of the freeee! and the hooooome of the BRAVES!

We are in Atlanta. The Braves just finished a 14 game winning streak and I get to go to TWO games this time around. We have also literally caught every single game on TV since being back in the state where Jesus lives. Yes. Jesus lives in Georgia. You didn't know this?




Snellville has this weird feel to it. All those years in New Orleans, I would think fondly about it, like it was "home." I'd remember all the good times, all the memories, I'd look at pictures and think about how much growing up I did here. But whenever I come back it's... weird. Not bad, it just doesn't feel normal. There's just not really any place that feels like home to me anymore. I guess that's a good thing, since I'm moving very very far away.



So. This time next week, I will be living in a brand new country. It still feels like a dream. We are still trying to tie up loose ends though. Gotta cancel our cell phone plan. If anybody can pull some strings at AT&T and help us cancel Clay's contract without a crazy fee, please contact me within in the next 3 days. We're still trying to figure out bank accounts and how we'll manage money from here. Should be interesting.

BUTTTT. We may or may not know about a possible perfect awesome place to live by tomorrow. Everything is still up in the air, so I'm not going to write it out just in case it doesn't work out. But if we get this flat, it will be an absolute miracle. I can't talk about it too much or I'll jinx it. UGH! I WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT! Monday... we have to wait for Monday.

Friday, we had an epic party at the Ritchie's. Sam, being the best little hostess in all the world, offered their house to us so we didn't have to drive all over Atlanta to try to see everyone. It was really great. Their place was all decorated with Scottish flags and maps and I got to hug so many people that I love. Clay, on the other hand, had a Shiloh High class of 2004 reunion with his old posse and it was ridiculous. Anybody who knew Clay in high school remembers how rambunctious he was. He became high school Clay again that night.




I also finally got to meet Kyndall Crumpton! Kellie and I have been friends since high school, so it still feels weird to me that we're all married... but now she's got a precious baby girl! I'm so blessed to have amazing friends that no matter how far away I move (Florida, Louisiana, SCOTLAND!) they still love me and make time for me. I can't tell you how much this means to me. I really have the best friends on the planet.

Thanks to everyone who came out to wish us well. And as always, thanks to the Ritchies for providing their house and always making us feel at home. I really can't express how thankful I am that no matter how far away I go or how bad I am about calling or texting or staying in touch, my friends still love me after all these years. I am so so so blessed.







 

Gotta go to church. Clay is preaching so I need to get all pretty because I'm the PREACHER'S WIFE. I still just think this is nuts. My whole life. It is insane.

Carm

No comments:

Post a Comment