Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Today is the day.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

::deep breath::

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That does not even begin to tell you how stressed out I am about this right now.

We are heading out on a plane (hopefully) in about 6 hours. Now, I say hopefully because we're flying on Buddy Passes, which is not necessarily guaranteed. As of right now, the plane is overbooked in coach, but there are quite a few business class seats available. We're praying that they don't bump anybody up front and we get on the plane. If not, our baggage will go on without us and we'll try again tomorrow. No big deal. The life of a Delta employee/family member. Sometimes you get on the plane and sometimes you get to spend an extra night with your grandparents. It's a win/win situation. I love them.



I know last time, I wrote about a possible place to live and how excited I was about it. Weeeellllllll. It's a bit out of our price range. It's a nice place and has a lot of amenities that would be great: washer/dryer, dishwasher, two bedrooms, furnished. It's also a renovated 19th century Victorian villa that was previously a school house. We could manage it if we got it, but without any idea of income, we're trying to keep our options open, just in case God has something else in store for less.

So here's the plan. Get on the flight today. Get internet on the plane and book our temporary accommodations (we've got a couple places lined up). Try to sleep on the plane. Get off the plane in Manchester. Try not to kill people from lack of sleep. Rent a car and drive up to St. Andrews. SLEEP at previously mentioned temporary accommodations. Get SIM cards for our phones and find a place to live. Then start looking for jobs and whatnot.

Sound familiar? That's almost the exact plan I had like 2 months ago. YAAAAAAY.

I'll at least write about something positive. We got to spend some time with Katie and Gabe and Ossie. Katie is my very first roommate ever from UGA and I seriously can't believe that after all this time, she still loves me. :) HA! I'm kidding. It was great to be able to see them and hug them before we left!


We also got to see our dear friends Brent and Kate (and Cora!) and go to a BRAVES GAME! and the Braves won! We got to meet their 7 week old Cora and I got to snuggle with her as much as I wanted! Wheeeeeee! We love them and it was good to finally go to a game with them (after years of watching them in NOLA).







So now, we're just sitting around, nervously waiting to go to the airport and get this party started. So of course, we're watching the replay of the Braves game last night. What a fitting way to spend our last little bit in the states.

Carm

1 comment:

  1. I have the same skirt as Kate and...

    babies fit perfectly and look great in both of your arms. :)

    ReplyDelete