Sunday, September 29, 2013

NEW HOUUUUSSSSE!

EVERYONE. We are moving into our flat! Slowly but surely, we are moving everything from Kilrymont over to New Park House. We had some friends who were kind enough to help us move the giant suitcases with their car (vehicles are hard to come by around these parts), and they also were giving away a futon, so we took that with us as well! Woohoo! Free stuuuuufffff!

As of right now, we have a few items of clothing and our food left at the temporary housing. It's been a fun, adventurous month and a half, but we are ready to settle in to our flat. We realized that it's been a little over 5 months since we've had our own place. That's crazy to think about.

So. Tomorrow, the chair of the New Park Trust (and also our kind-of landlord) is going to put together the rest of the furniture that has been delivered (dining table, chairs, coffee table) and put everything in its place. Our beds won't be delivered until Thursday, but we're going to just sleep on the futon and GET OVER IT.

So here comes the fun part. Get the electricity set up. Get the gas set up. Get the water set up. Get the internet set up. Yay. I looooove being a grownup. Oooooh, and I have a doctor's appointment Wednesday. Hopefully, they can give my eye a little Harry Potter fix.

Still waiting on a job. I have a few more big jobs that I'm waiting to hear back from. So far, rejection has been pretty difficult. I've been turned down from the Fairmont Resort (2x), the Old Course Hotel (2x), the University (4x), and haven't heard back from quite a few others. Sooooo, I'm still holding out for a few jobs that I would love before we start to panic. We've still got time, so I'm trying not to worry about it.

Gotta make this quick since church is in less than an hour, but I wanted to give yall a video tour of our new place! Hope you enjoy!


Carm

2 comments:

  1. Awesome place, thanks for the tour!!

    Robby Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apartment -- of course! And we'll be praying that you find just the right doctors over there. Maybe all the stuff/tests the docs put you through in New Orleans will help the docs over there finally make a good diagnosis and treatment plan for the underlying problem! That's my prayer, and I'm sticking to it!

    Mrs. Mom

    ReplyDelete